Sebastian Martinez Memorial Scholarship Application
Complete Applications are due April 21st, 2023
Winners to be announced at the awards banquet on May 16, 2023
Scholarship amount TBDHello Seniors,Enclosed is the 2023 Talons Sebastian Martinez Memorial Scholarship Application for those students who have been an active participant in a high school music program and has at least a 2.75 gpa.
The deadline to turn the scholarship in will be Friday, April 21, 2023.
We will make an announcement on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at the CHS Band Awards Banquet.If you have any questions please feel free to contact Gaylene Roberts at (661) 428-8271 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IN A HIGH SCHOOL INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC PROGRAM OR COLOR GUARD
2. HAVE AT LEAST A 2.75 GPA.
1. Complete this google form.
2. Prepare a one-page essay not to exceed 250 words.
A. Choose ONE of the three topics from those listed below. Be sure to include your educational plans and career goals in your essay.
TOPIC CHOICES ARE: (please choose only one)
1. What impact has music or performing had in your life?
2. What value will music or performing have, as you move into your next phase of education?
3. What role will music or performing play in your adult years?
B. Type and double-space your essay. Put topic choice at the top of the page. Accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation are essential.
C. Essays will be “blind read”, meaning the reader will not know who you are. Do not make reference to your identity in your essay.
3. Attach a copy of your high school transcript with your application.
4. Provide TWO recommendations from instructors, counselors, or coaches (excluding Band Director). There is a google form for the recommender to fill out. (https://forms.gle/jaoeuXN6WHcQuwiA9)
The recommender will not be turning this back to you as they are confidential. Feel free to e-mail or call Gaylene Roberts to check in to see if these were submitted.
5. Submit your complete application by Friday April 21, 2023 using this google form