Ride United Transportation Access (RUTA)
Get a discounted, one-time-use, Lyft Pass for a round trip valued up to $50 ($25 to the desired location and $25 from the location). The Ride United program seeks to reduce transportation barriers that prevent individuals from accessing healthcare, getting quality jobs, completing education programs, and more. Transportation has proven to be a key issue for many individuals seeking services to support pandemic recovery.
See if you qualify
- Must have valid use for the service (see valid uses below)
- Must live in an area with adequate Lyft driver supply.
- Must comply with Lyft's Health Safety Requirements
- Must be 18+ years old or will be accompanied by someone who is 18+ years.
- Must have a smartphone (to create/use a personal Lyft account via app).
Note: There is no proof of income required for this program, but the Client needs a payment method on ﬁle in their Lyft account in the case that the round trip ride exceeds the $25 credit
You must download and install the Lyft app before you get your discounted ride.
If you do not have the Lyft app you can sign-up here: Kern County - Lyft
REQUEST A RIDE
We have distributed all available Discount Lyft Passes for 2022. We hope to continue the program in 2023. If you are in need of transportation, please reach out to 211 or visit any of the GET Bus locations below to purchase a bus pass.
GET Bus Retailers
GET bus is providing FREE bus rides to Bakersfield College students starting January 2023 – May 2023. Click here to learn more and how you can get your free bus pass.
GET recommends that customers call pass outlets to learn what types of passes are currently available and if checks are accepted for purchasing passes.
Chester Lane Market*
2328 Chester Lane, 661-325-0739
8001 White Lane, 661-835-1490
12581 Rosedale Hwy, 661-588-2799
Total Mini Mart
1328 Niles Street, 661-325-0330
*Denotes outlets that also sell Senior/Special Passes.
GET Bus Pass Purchase Campus Locations:
Bakersfield Adult School – 501 S. Mt. Vernon Avenue, 661-835-1855
Bakersfield College Bookstore – 1801 Panorama Drive, 661-395-4506
Bakersfield High School – Finance Office, 661-324-9841
Cal State University, Bakersfield (CSUB) – Cashier's Office, 661-654-3222
Ridgeview High School – Finance Office, 661-398-3100
San Joaquin Valley College – Front Desk, 661-834-0126
South High School – Finance Office, 661-831-3680
West High School – Finance Office, 661-832-2822
RIDE UNITED CAN BE UTILIZED FOR:
- COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- Flu vaccine appointments
- Non-emergency medical appointments
- Pharmacy/prescription pick up
- Non-emergency hospital visit
- Job interviews, job training, and job fairs
- Pre-job requirements (drug test, finger printing, other required documentation)
- Department of Social and Health Services
- Social Security Administration
- Rental assistance appointment
- Utility assistance appointment
- WIC appointment
- Tax preparation services
- Financial coaching
- Medicaid/CHIP benefits access
- Housing benefits access
- School physicals
- Required school vaccination appointments
- Kindergarten registration
- Classroom meetings with teachers
- Eviction Court
- Court Ordered Community Service
- Probation / Parole Check-in
- Court Ordered Education
- Commute to/from Court Proceedings and/or Counsel