Ride United Transportation Access (RUTA)
Get a discounted Lyft Ride of up to $25 round-trip (one-time use). The Ride United program seeks to reduce transportation barriers that prevent individuals from accessing healthcare, getting quality jobs, completing education programs, and more. Transportation have proven to be a key issue for many individuals seeking services to support pandemic recovery.
See if you qualify
- Must have valid use for the service (see valid uses below)
- Must live in an area with adequate Lyft driver supply.
- Must comply with Lyft's Health Safety Requirements, which include wearing a face covering and this may change.
- Must be 18+ years old or will be accompanied by someone who is 18+ years.
- Must have a smartphone (to create/use a personal Lyft account via app).
Note: There is no proof of income required for this program, but the Client needs a payment method on ﬁle in their Lyft account in the case that the round trip ride exceeds the $25 credit
You must download and install the Lyft app before you get your discounted ride.
If you do not have the Lyft app you can sign-up here: Kern County - Lyft
REQUEST A RIDE
Call us during business hours, at 661-834-1820 to request a ride or fill out the form below to receive a call from a staff member.
RIDE UNITED CAN BE UTILIZED FOR:
- COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- Flu vaccine appointments
- Non-emergency medical appointments
- Pharmacy/prescription pick up
- Non-emergency hospital visit
- Job interviews, job training, and job fairs
- Pre-job requirements (drug test, finger printing, other required documentation)
- Department of Social and Health Services
- Social Security Administration
- Rental assistance appointment
- Utility assistance appointment
- WIC appointment
- Tax preparation services
- Financial coaching
- Medicaid/CHIP benefits access
- Housing benefits access
- School physicals
- Required school vaccination appointments
- Kindergarten registration
- Classroom meetings with teachers
- Eviction Court
- Court Ordered Community Service
- Probation / Parole Check-in
- Court Ordered Education
- Commute to/from Court Proceedings and/or Counsel