PG&E Reach Program
Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help (REACH)
For over 30 years, the REACH program has helped low-income families keep their utilities services turned on in times of hardship.
The REACH program helps you pay for energy during a crisis. REACH provides an energy credit for up to $500 based on the past due bill (energy credit support is subject to funding availability). Over 170 Nonprofit organizations run the REACH program Northern and Central California.
PLEASE NOTE: REACH is available only once within a 12-month period and customers must qualify for the program.
Enrolling in REACH
Complete the following steps to enroll in REACH:
- Determine whether you qualify, if you answer yes to the questions below you may qualify for the REACH program.
- Are you a PG&E customer?
- Is the PG&E bill in your name or in the name of an adult living in the residence?
- Have you received a 15-Day or 48-Hour Notice declaring you are at risk of having services terminated?
- Is your past due balance between $100-$500 or are you 62+ and have a past due balance of $50-$500?
- To apply, download & fill out the application, and please email it to REACH@uwkern.org
If you need assistance with filling out the application or need a physical copy of the application, stop by our office!
* Submitting an application does not guarantee approval for assistance through the PG&E REACH Program and applicants are still responsible for continuing scheduled payments to their utility company as agreed within their contracts during the application process.
United Way of Kern County Office
1707 Eye Street, 3rd Floor
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Hours of Operations
Monday - Thursday Friday
8:30am - 5pm 8:30am - 3pm