PG&E Reach Program
Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help (REACH)
For over 30 years, the REACH program has helped low-income families keep their utilities services turned on in times of hardship.
The REACH program helps you pay for energy during a crisis. REACH provides an energy credit for up to $300 based on the past due bill (energy credit support is subject to funding availability). Over 170 Nonprofit organizations run the REACH program Northern and Central California.
PLEASE NOTE: REACH is available only once within a 12-month period and customers must qualify for the program.
Enrolling in REACH
Complete the following steps to enroll in REACH:
- Determine whether you qualify, if you answer yes to the questions below you may qualify for the REACH program.
- Are you a PG&E customer?
- Is the PG&E bill in your name or in the name of an adult living in the residence?
- Have you received a 15-Day or 48-Hour Notice declaring you are at risk of having services terminated?
- Is your past due balance between $100-$300?
- Are you 62+ and have a past due balance of $50-$300
- To apply, download & fill out the application, and please email it to:
If you need assistance with filling out the application or need a physical copy of the application, stop by our office!
United Way of Kern County Office
1707 Eye Street, Floor 3
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Hours of Operations
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5pm