Positive Prevention Plus
United Way of Kern County is currently partnered with the Bakersfield City School District to teach Positive Prevention PLUS curriculum to 7th & 8th Grade Students.
Positive Prevention PLUS curriculum materials are the best source for evidence-based instruction in Comprehensive Sexual Health Education and Teen Pregnancy Prevention. Our curriculum has been thoroughly reviewed by the California Department of Education, the Federal Office of Adolescent Health, and the Bakersfield City School District administration. The lessons are written in compliance with California Education Codes 51930-51939, and are aligned with the California Health Education Content Standards.
Our Family Life Educators are certified and trained through Cardea Services, who is an official partner of Positive Prevention PLUS.
Meet our Family Life Educators!
Comprehensive Sexual Health Resources
(Based on the Middle School Curriculum 2021 Edition)
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888 or https://humantraffickinghotline.org
- National Runaway Hotline: 1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or online.rainn.org
- California Youth Crisis Line: 1-800-843-5200 or https://calyouth.org
- Family Planning Services:
- HIV/STI Testing: 1-800-CDC-INFO or https://gettested.cdc.gov
- Planned Parenthood: www.plannedparenthood.org
- Teen Source: www.teensource.org
- SEX Etc.: www.sexetc.org
- GAY-STRAIGHT Alliance: www.gaystraightalliance.org
- PFLAG: www.pflag.org
- Afraid to Ask: www.afraidtoask.com
- I Wanna Know: www.iwannaknow.org
- Advocates for Youth: www.advocatesforyouth.org
Comprehensive Sexual Health Resources - Print Out